Marketing Award for Universities – university research meets Geographical Indications
The Marketing Award for Universities is an annual initiative promoted by the Italian Marketing Society that involves the presentation of a real “case study”, relative to Italian companies or organisations, which the students can solve by using the marketing strategies and tools learnt at University. The 2014-2015 edition, for which the Qualivita Foundation provided technical-scientific support, was dedicated to the theme of quality agri-food products, and challenged 5000 students from across Italy to a task that was far from simple: how to transform the high technical value of agri-food products with a Geographical Indication (PDO, PGI and TSG) into value for the market.
- Support the education of Italian University students with basic tools for learning about the Geographical Indications system
- Create a connection between stakeholders in the Italian PDO PGI system and Universities that offer courses in Marketing and Promotion
- Implement the objectives of EXPO 2015
Italian University students; companies in the PDO PGI TSG sector
- Training courses on the legislative, economic and marketing aspects of the Italian PDO PGI TSG sector
- Valorisation initiatives for PDO PGI TSG geographical marks
Marketing projects created by over 1000 Italian students for Italian companies in the certified quality agri-food sector
2014 – 2015
SIM – La Società Italiana Marketing opera sul mondo universitario di riferimento accrescendo costantemente la qualità della produzione scientifica e culturale italiana di marketing e, tramite la sua diffusione, mira ad aumentare il potenziale di mercato delle imprese.