This web page is dedicated to the basic instruments that help to the better understanding of Designation of Origin and Geographical Indications system’s supporting professional training activities organized by Qualivita Foundation on behalf of three Norwegian governmental organizations: Innovation Norway Nordland, Innovation Norway Milano, Norwegian Seafood Council, in the context of FRAM Programme.
There are three sections that make possible a gradual and detailed cognitive path of the GI system by legislative perspective.
PART 1 – EUROPEAN REGULATIONS: 1992 to date
Available for download (in Italian language) the European regulations that have played a major role on the GIs’ birth and the current regulation of the sector.
THE EARLIER REGULATIONS:
- REGULATION (EEC) NO 2081/1992
PROTECTED GEOGRAPHICAL INDICATIONS E DESIGNATIONS OF ORIGIN: PGI & PDO.
- REGULATION (EEC) NO 2082/1992
CERTIFICATE OF SPECIFIC CHARACTER: TRADITIONAL SPECIALITIES GUARANTEED: TSG.
REGULATION (EC) OF 20 MARCH 2006 UPDATES:
- REGULATION (EC) NO 509/2006
AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS AND FOODSTUFFS AS TRADITIONAL SPECIALITIES GUARANTEED.
- REGULATION (EC) NO 510/2006
PROTECTION OF GEOGRAPHICAL INDICATIONS AND DESIGNATIONS OF ORIGIN FOR AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS AND FOODSTUFFS.
THE 2010’S “QUALITY SCHEME”
- PROPOSAL FOR A REGULATION ON AGRICULTURAL PRODUCT QUALITY SCHEMES – THE FOUR MAIN PROPOSALS ON THE QUALITY SYSTEM THAT BROUGHT TO THE CURRENT REGULATION.
- REGULATION (EU) NO 1151/2012
FOOD – QUALITY SCHEMES FOR AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS AND FOODSTUFFS.
- REGOLAMENTO UE N. 665/2014
FOOD – SUPPLEMENTING REGULATION (EU) NO 1151/2012 WITH REGARD TO CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE OPTIONAL QUALITY TERM ‘MOUNTAIN PRODUCT’.
- REGULATION (EU) NO 479/2008
WINE – QUALITY SCHEMES FOR WINE COMMON ORGANISATION OF THE MARKET IN WINE.
- REGULATION (EU) NO 1308/2013
COMMON ORGANISATION OF THE MARKETS IN AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS
PART 2 – EU & ITALY OPEN DATABASE
All links to the major European and national food and wine PDOs & PGIs databases.
- QUALITY POLICY INTRODUCTION: EU Commission of Agriculture and Rural Development webpage. Topic contents about regulations, studies and researches available in English language.
- DOOR: PDO, PGI and TSG agricultural products and foodstuffs database.
- E-BACCHUS: Wine GIs’ database.
- EUR-Lex: Eu’s website providing free access, in the 24 official EU languages, to the authentic Official Journal of the European Union where the publication of GI regulations can be found. It also provides EU law (EU treaties, directives, regulations, decisions, consolidated legislation, etc.) and preparatory acts (legislative proposals, reports, green and white papers, etc.) consulting.
ITALY – MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE
- PDO & PGI: agricultural products and foodstuffs: PDOs & PGIs and certified supply chains’ webpage.
- CONTROL SYSTEMS: an overview of the bodies responsible of the verification action, controls and sanctions necessary to avoid and fight counterfeit phenomena.
PART 3 – QUALIVITA OPEN DATABASE
Qualivita PDO, PGI and TSG Database is the first providing a complete overview on the certified quality agricultural products and foodstuffs.