Qualivita Socioeconomic Observatory – census survey of Italian PDO, PGI, TSG products
The “Qualivita Socioeconomic Observatory” programme has been active since 2003, with the objective of continuously monitoring and describing in detail the economic, legislative and communicative reality of Italian PDO, PGI, TSG products through various surveys, the results of which are published in an annual Report.
This annual census survey is carried out with a questionnaire that is given to the Protection Consortia and producers’ Associations, which contains data concerning the production structure, economic figures, distribution channels, exports, destination markets and information relative to investments in communication. Since 2011 the Report has been realised in collaboration with ISMEA and since 2013 it has been published in a digital version, accompanied by infographic summaries of the main data.
- To continuously monitor trends in the sector of PDO, PGI, TSG products and outline market scenarios
- To develop useful elements to stimulate the synergistic action of players in the system, aimed at the preparation of effective strategies to steer development
- Stakeholders in the certified quality PDO, PGI, TSG sector
- Research organisations
- Collection of socioeconomic data
- Elaboration and analysis of statistical data
- Presentation press events
The compilation of an annual report, in paper and digital format, containing the results of continuous control and analysis – economic, legislative and communication – of the Italian PDO, PGI, TSG sector.
L’Ismea (Istituto di Servizi per il Mercato Agricolo Alimentare) is a public economic entity which, through subsidiaries, produces information services, insurance and financial services and constitute forms of credit and financial guarantees for agricultural enterprises and their associated forms, in order to promote information and market transparency, facilitate the relationship with the banking and insurance systems, promote business competitiveness and reduce the risks inherent to production activities and market.